- Unimportant or trivial: a trifling sumMore example sentences
trivial, unimportant, insignificant, inconsequential, petty, minor, of little/no account, of little/no consequence, not worth mentioning, not worth bothering about, light, footling, fiddling, pettifogging, incidental; frivolous, silly, idle, superficial; small, tiny, inconsiderable, nominal, negligible, nugatory, minute, minuscule; paltry, derisory, pitiful, pathetic, miserableBritish • informal poxy• rare exiguous
- Puccini was expert not only at describing the trifling matters of daily life, but also at using various melodies to expose the distinctive personality of each character.
- Why does this sort of trifling semantic difference matter?
- You might think that these are mere trifling matters.
- More example sentences
- There are still situations that require some triflingly complex code to pluralize certain nouns.
- In contrast, an aircraft parked on a ramp has none of these characteristics and - compared with most other ground targets - is triflingly easy to destroy.
- It also shows how triflingly small a compromise can appear to the world - that it is rarely a giant leap, but more often a series of small steps.