Definition of trifling in English:
Unimportant or trivial: a trifling sum
More example sentences
- Puccini was expert not only at describing the trifling matters of daily life, but also at using various melodies to expose the distinctive personality of each character.
- Why does this sort of trifling semantic difference matter?
- You might think that these are mere trifling matters.
trivial, unimportant, insignificant, inconsequential, petty, minor, of little/no account, of little/no consequence, not worth mentioning, not worth bothering about, light, footling, fiddling, pettifogging, incidental;
British informal poxy
- Example sentences
- There are still situations that require some triflingly complex code to pluralize certain nouns.
- In contrast, an aircraft parked on a ramp has none of these characteristics and - compared with most other ground targets - is triflingly easy to destroy.
- It also shows how triflingly small a compromise can appear to the world - that it is rarely a giant leap, but more often a series of small steps.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia