Divide into three branches or forks: her watch slipped around to where a blue vein trifurcated (as adjective trifurcated) twigs on the trifurcated structure
More example sentences
- In the ventral part, the costae are bi- or trifurcated.
- On the other hand, subtrees) and) are trifurcating, and we need to resolve them to find the optimal tree.
- The highly centralized hub-and-spoke system - centralized for the airlines, not us - now regularly bifurcates and often trifurcates even an hour's flight time as the crow flies into a four-hour series of legs.
Divided into three branches or forks.
- Bittner separated his specimens of tyrolensiform daonellids found in the Himalayas from D. (A.) tyrolensis based on their lack of a regular pattern of trifurcate costae.
- The medial imprint also has a trifurcate anterior margin.
- Ray repeatedly as many as five times trifurcate at their tips.
- Example sentences
- Some paratypes also show adductor scars similar to D. (A.) tyrolensis, and the typical trifurcation of the primary costae is usually detectable.
- Because of the moderate preservation of the specimens, it is unclear whether all branching was originally via trifurcations or whether some bifurcations occurred.
- Neither the examined type material nor the figured specimens of Campbell show the typical tyrolensiform trifurcation pattern.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: tri|fur¦cate
Definition of trifurcate in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.