Definition of trigger finger in English:
1The forefinger of the right hand, as that with which the trigger of a gun is typically pulled.
- The real manual safety is a small sliding catch on the right side of the frame, directly behind the trigger and operated easily - after a bit of practice - by the trigger finger of a right-handed shooter.
- The weapon's safety is located on the right side of the trigger guard and is easily manipulated via the trigger finger - if you're right handed.
- That's right: you can slide the trigger mechanism back and forth to adjust for the length of your trigger finger and your preferred pull weight.
2 [mass noun] Medicine A defect in a tendon causing a finger to jerk or snap straight when the hand is extended.
- Faulty breathing, stage fright, cumulative trauma disorders, tendonitis, carpal tunnel and cubital tunnel syndrome, trigger finger and tennis elbow also are reviewed.
- The truly unfortunate will succumb to trigger finger.
- An often painful condition, trigger finger is caused by a narrowing of the sheath that surrounds the tendon in the affected finger.
Definition of trigger finger in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan