1 another term for trigraph.
- At the zenith the trigram IHS appears, surrounded by saints and angels on zigzag over-solid clouds.
- Statistical analysis of the linguistic property of digram co-occurrence in textual material leads to a new, more effective simultaneous digram and trigram encoding technique.
- The trigram eau, for example, is a fairly infrequent phonogram.
2 Linguistics A group of three consecutive written units such as letters, syllables, or words.
- Experiments were performed on the North American Business News task using a 60,000 word vocabulary and a trigram language model.
- In this research, even the syllables, or the letters, or the bigrams (or trigrams) that are theoretically possible in Greek could have been suitable.
- The user's speech is broken down into "trigrams" - three-word segments.
3Each of the eight figures formed of three parallel lines, each either whole or broken, combined to form the sixty-four hexagrams of the I Ching.
- Looking at the I Ching from a quantum physics perspective, Terence and his brother Dennis discovered a wave pattern in the ordering of the Tarot's trigrams and hexagrams that suggested time could be mapped.
- Particular combinations in threes of the unbroken yang line and the broken yin line form symbolic trigrams that have particular meanings.
- The changes of a hexagram through internal trigrams and line changes give birth to the ‘four images,’ and the pearls and jade in the depth of the water cause the formation of square and round waves.
Definition of trigram in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.