Definition of trihedral in English:
(Of a solid figure or body) having three sides or faces (in addition to the base or ends); triangular in cross section.
- This German-made touring kayak uses a trihedral hull design to gain a unique balance of glide speed, carving agility, carrying capacity, stability, and comfort.
- It is fascinating to look at the dihedral angles in trihedral acrons and compare those acrons which have been resolved with those that have not.
- These results clearly demonstrate that the trihedral twist reflector of the invention produces an acceptable and usable cross polarized echo over a wide range of angles and frequencies.
nounBack to top
A trihedral figure.
- One of the most interesting novelties of the volume was the so-called ‘moving trihedrals’ for twisted curves as well as surfaces so freely used in writings of Darboux and others.
- Radar corner reflectors are simple trihedrals of aluminium that strongly reflect the radar signal back to the satellite.
- The right-left ambiguity ratio, measured using 5-m trihedrals on both sides of the flight track, is about 10 dB for a single antenna element on receive.
Definition of trihedral in:
- US English dictionary