noun (plural trilliums)
A plant with a solitary three-petalled flower above a whorl of three leaves, native to North America and Asia.
- Genus Trillium, family Liliaceae (or Trilliaceae)
More example sentences
- Another notable treat you will find in the park is a spectacular array of wild flowers like the trillium, bloodroot and liverwort.
- Underneath are Himalayan poppies Meconopsis, primulas and trilliums, many of them also collected from the wild.
- Under the trees are beloved clumps of hellebores, erythroniums, and trilliums.
modern Latin, apparently an alteration of Swedish trilling 'triplet'.
Definition of trillium in:
- The US English dictionary