A small ornament or item of jewellery that is of little value.
More example sentences
- She missed the little trinkets and jewellery that were on display from tabletops.
- Sam slipped her two silver trinkets onto her bracelet, looping the brown string through the hole in the centre of the coins.
- What if others were to discover the value of the trinket?
mid 16th century: of unknown origin.
- More example sentences
- The film, because it is filmed without the help of Hollywood's big names and trinketry is absolutely and stunningly beautiful.
- Wearing khaki cargo pants and sandals, her neck was festooned with all manner of jungle trinketry, from stones and carved wooden gewgaws to a bright orange bandana.
- Gentrification has spruced up the colonial facades, traveling bands of vendors offer their trinketry, plump women in white turbans and fluffed skirts wait bored to pose for pictures.