1A thermionic valve having three electrodes.
- To prevent tube microphonics, the peanut-size triode is surrounded in foam and shock-mounted in a brass block.
- Circumstances changed dramatically in about 1925 when the new microphones and triode valve amplifiers introduced a few years earlier for radio broadcasting came into use.
- Vinyl records and valve amplifiers are for them, with the triode valve being the one most favoured.
1.1A semiconductor rectifier having three connections.
- The positive triode rectifier switch has the upper electrode as a cathode, the lower electrode as an anode, and the p-type semiconductor layer.
- The triode rectifier switch is simpler in the manufacturing process and lower in cost than a thin film transistor.
Words that rhyme with triodediode
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: tri¦ode
Definition of triode in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.