- 1 [usually as modifier] Finance The highest grading available from credit rating agencies: the company’s performance has so far been good and consistent with a triple-A ratingMore example sentences
- He said the cuts were needed to curtail the previous Government's economic mismanagement and keep the State's triple-A credit rating intact.
- It has lost its triple-A credit rating and can't assume that lenders will be willing to refinance its growing debt forever.
- Its triple-A rating is due in large part to its ownership by the German government.
- 2The highest competitive level of achievement in baseball.More example sentences
- He returned to the Giants as first base coach in '96, and in late 1997 was named manager of their triple A Fresno club.
- The going rate these days for a minor league baseball teams can be upwards of $10 million for a triple A team, and even those are hard to find because most of the major league teams own their triple A affiliates.
- Then there are the triple A teams dotting the landscape, and then the double A teams, and finally the single A teams.
More definitions of triple ADefinition of triple A in:
- The US English dictionary