- 1 (Triple Crown) An award or honour for winning a group of three important events in a sport, in particular (in rugby union) victory by one of the four British home countries over all the other three in the same season: the surfing year would finally culminate with the Hawaiian Triple CrownMore example sentences
- Based on their strong starts, seven players have a chance to make a run at the Triple Crown this season.
- At international level the national side had its best season since the glory Triple Crown days of the 1980s and at European and Celtic League levels, the Irish provinces are feared.
- And within two seasons of winning a Triple Crown in 1985, he had become ostracised by the decision-making core among the players.
- 2The papal tiara.More example sentences
- The art book ‘Treasures of the Vatican’ has a photograph of this statue wearing vestments of gold and scarlet, and a gold triple crown that is studded with large jewels.
- The pope is most often depicted in art wearing his crown, the Tiara, called the triple crown.
More definitions of triple crownDefinition of triple crown in:
- The US English dictionary