A large mollusc which has a tall spiral shell with a large aperture, living in tropical and subtropical seas.
- Genus Charonia, family Cymatiidae, class Gastropoda, in particular C. tritonis, which is used as a trumpet shell
- When he eventually bobbed back up at the surface, we swam over to join him and to admire his catch - a huge triton shell.
- Various environmental factors have favoured this population explosion, but one of the main causes is the popularity among collectors of the triton's shell.
- All were available in plain or patinated brass or copper, and they included a variety of shells, such as Philippine, chiton, limpet, melon, triton, sea conch, and nautilus.
Late 18th century: from Triton.
Words that rhyme with tritonBlyton, brighten, Brighton, Crichton, enlighten, frighten, heighten, lighten, righten, tighten, titan, whiten
A nucleus of a tritium atom, consisting of a proton and two neutrons.
- Protons, deuterons, and tritons would begin fusing with each other, releasing more energy, and initiating other fusion reactions among other hydrogen isotopes.
- The raw spectra of protons, deuterons, tritons and alpha particles were fitted with a three moving source prescription.
- Recent experimental data have shown that the same model systematically overpredicts the deuteron and triton yields observed at higher excitation energies up to 405 MeV.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.