More definitions of TritonDefinition of Triton in:
- The US English dictionary
- A large mollusc which has a tall spiral shell with a large aperture, living in tropical and subtropical seas.
More example sentences
- Genus Charonia, family Cymatiidae, class Gastropoda, in particular C. tritonis, which is used as a trumpet shell
- When he eventually bobbed back up at the surface, we swam over to join him and to admire his catch - a huge triton shell.
- Various environmental factors have favoured this population explosion, but one of the main causes is the popularity among collectors of the triton's shell.
- All were available in plain or patinated brass or copper, and they included a variety of shells, such as Philippine, chiton, limpet, melon, triton, sea conch, and nautilus.
late 18th century: from Triton.
- A nucleus of a tritium atom, consisting of a proton and two neutrons.More example sentences
- Protons, deuterons, and tritons would begin fusing with each other, releasing more energy, and initiating other fusion reactions among other hydrogen isotopes.
- The raw spectra of protons, deuterons, tritons and alpha particles were fitted with a three moving source prescription.
- Recent experimental data have shown that the same model systematically overpredicts the deuteron and triton yields observed at higher excitation energies up to 405 MeV.