- Each of the fourth pair of cranial nerves, supplying the superior oblique muscle of the eyeball.More example sentences
- The exceptions are the superior oblique, which is enervated by the trochlear nerve (Cranial nerve IV), and the lateral rectus, which is enervated by the abducens (Cranial Nerve VI).
- The trochlear nerve nuclei are located ventral to the mesencephalic aqueduct.
- Each trochlear nerve makes its exit through the caudal tectum (the dorsal portion of the midbrain), immediately lateral to the frenulum of the superior medullary velum.
More definitions of trochlear nerveDefinition of trochlear nerve in:
- The US English dictionary