- A rotating cylindrical sieve or screen used for washing and sorting pieces of ore or coal.More example sentences
- By late August the scrubber plant was in operation; it consisted of a 4 x 20-foot rotating cylindrical trommel screen set at a slight incline.
- The trommels are also ideally suited to other materials such as gypsum or co-mingled recycling.
- The highlight of the occasion was the demonstration of several new trommels and flatdeck screeners.
late 19th century: from German, literally 'drum'.
More definitions of trommelDefinition of trommel in:
- The US English dictionary