(also tropical cyclone)
- A localized, very intense low-pressure wind system, forming over tropical oceans and with winds of hurricane force.More example sentences
- All sorts of weather systems can have an impact, dependent on the location, such as mid-latitude cyclones, subtropical anticyclones, monsoon systems, and tropical cyclones.
- In the Atlantic and Eastern Pacific oceans, hurricanes and tropical storms form and strike during a specific time of year, not year-round.
- There has been an observed and recorded link between the sea surface temperature and the frequency and intensity of tropical storms, typhoons and hurricanes.
More definitions of tropical stormDefinition of tropical storm in:
- The US English dictionary