A North American dog’s-tooth violet with yellow flowers, so called from its mottled leaves.
- Erythronium americanum, family Liliaceae
More example sentences
- This triggers the appearance of a number of wildflowers: trillium, phlox, trout lily, Dutchman's breeches, violets, wild strawberries and many more.
- Further along the same bed is a group of Erythronium revolutum, the American trout lily, which has also been gradually increasing each year.
- But on his acreage you can be just an instant from trillium, twin leaf, and trout lily.
Definition of trout lily in:
- The US English dictionary