(also trug basket)
- A shallow oblong basket made of strips of wood, traditionally used for carrying garden flowers and produce.More example sentences
- The East Sussex-based company has been selling trugs - rustic carrying baskets made from sweet chestnut and willow - since 1899.
- However, I always love to receive gardening gadgets; so if your mother is a fanatical gardener you could get her a new trowel, some copper plant labels, a trug to stash cut flowers in, a plant pot or a twine dispenser.
- Could Jasper Conran compost, trugs and trellises be the next big thing?
late Middle English (denoting a basin): perhaps a dialect variant of trough.
More definitions of trugDefinition of trug in:
- The US English dictionary