Able to be relied on as honest or truthful: leave a spare key with a trustworthy neighbour
More example sentences
- A caring neighbour both honest and trustworthy, he loved the affairs of the day.
- You prefer to describe yourself as dependable, honest, practical and trustworthy.
- Trust is in truth unlikely to be restored for so long as politicians try and prove that one side is more honest and trustworthy than the other.
reliable, dependable, honest, full of integrity, worthy of trust, honourable, upright, principled, true, truthful, as good as one's word, ethical, virtuous, incorruptible, unimpeachable, above suspicion;
responsible, sensible, level-headed;
loyal, faithful, true-blue, staunch, steadfast, trusty, constant, unswerving, unwavering;
tried and trusted, tried and true, safe, secure, sound, guaranteed, unfailing, foolproof, never-failing, reputable
informal on the level, sure-fire
North American informal straight-up
- Example sentences
- Such principle assumes that people can be motivated to behave trustworthily by trustful actions.
- In other words, the partners behave trustworthily because it is in their own interest.
- With the intention of trustworthily representing the different recommendations and gratefulness from our clients, we have maintained texts in its original language.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: trust|worthy
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.