Definition of trying in English:
Difficult or annoying; hard to endure: it had been a very trying day
More example sentences
- Seriously though, can anyone this side of the Orion belt say they did not expect a difficult and trying season?
- This week he said he was beginning to renew his love of the game after the trying period he has endured.
- Singaporeans are going through difficult and trying times in varying ways.
informal hellish, a bitch of a, a stinker of a
- Example sentences
- She is cheerful, well meaning and - in the eyes of nearly everyone she meets - tryingly dull.
- All this provides a certainty that messy real life so tryingly fails to.
- Of course there were the academic areas: History, Geography, tryingly presented; mythology, logic and theology were my favourites.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan