- (Of a marine worm) living in a tube.More example sentences
- In this regard their mode of life may have been quite similar to fossil and recent species of tubicolous polychaete worms, such as serpulids.
- In filter-feeding tubicolous polychaetes the buccal cavity is not eversible and there is no proboscis.
- Thus some shallow water marine annelid worms contain considerable quantities of porphyrins in their tissues, but are tubicolous or burrowing in habit.
More definitions of tubicolousDefinition of tubicolous in:
- The US English dictionary