Definition of tubing in English:
1A length or lengths of metal, plastic, glass, etc., in tubular form: use the plastic tubing to siphon the beer into the bottles
More example sentences
- I slipped short lengths of plastic tubing on top to give the fingers thickness.
- Using a long piece of plastic tubing, carefully siphon off the clear liquid into a clean container.
- The device, which consisted of a foot-operated pump, clear plastic tubing attached to large plastic cups, was supposed to enlarge by creating a vacuum.
2North American The leisure activity of riding on water or snow on a large inflated inner tube.
- For the adrenaline junkies, jet skis, water skiing and tubing are just a few examples of the water sports available at the beach.
- When not fishing, Gary enjoys inner tubing on the lake with his two sons in Wisconsin
- Investigators said it appeared the pair were tubing on the lake when the man struggled to return to the boat and went under the water.
Definition of tubing in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.