- 1Long, round, and hollow like a tube: tubular flowers of deep crimsonMore example sentences
- In late spring, the arching stems carry drooping clusters of small, tubular flowers that are white tipped with green.
- Descending rows of dots and extended tubular shapes meander across pale blue and green backgrounds.
- The plant has smooth, shiny, oval leaves and tubular flowers.
- 1.1Made from a tube or tubes: tubular steel chairsMore example sentences
- From hand-made Boston rockers with hand-turned spindles, designers turned to cantilevered cane-backed chairs made of tubular steel.
- His first piece, this cantilevered chair of tubular steel forms a wide, smooth curve and takes full advantage of the materials used.
- It became one of the most influential homes of the 20th century, with its enormous plate glass windows, tubular steel furniture, and open planning concepts.
- 1.2 Surfing (Of a wave) hollow and well curved: the waves were glassy and tubular and the local hotshots were setting the paceMore example sentences
- Waves are fast, sometimes tubular and perfect, breaking on sand always in the bay
- These surfers perform their dance on tubular swells that even today's heroes might not have attempted.
- When an approaching swell hits this reef wall a third of a mile offshore, it creates a tubular wave so powerful that it has been called a ‘freak of hydrodynamics.’
- 2 Medicine Of or involving tubules or other tube-shaped structures.More example sentences
- Sections of the fragment showed a glandular proliferation consisting of tubular structures of different sizes separated by spindle stromal elements.
- A ‘pseudotumor’ of the extrahepatic biliary tract, the nodular lesion is characterized by tubular structures that are lined by columnar or cuboidal cells.
- Part of the tumor was composed of ductal and anastomosing tubular structures made up of luminal cells and myoepithelial cells.
nounBack to top
- 1 short for tubular tyre.More example sentences
- The rim is of course heavier due to the clincher's sidewalls as opposed to the simple and strong outer surface of a tubular rim, and the extra weight of the rim-grabbing foot adds significantly to the weight of a tubular.
- We're hoping the racers we have testing them tell us they ride even better than a tubular.
- I have a quick comment on the Tufo clincher tubular.
- 2 (tubulars) Oil-drilling equipment made from tubes.More example sentences
- The present invention provides methods and apparatus for cutting tubulars in a wellbore.
- The present invention relates to apparatus for cleaning the interior bore of well bore tubulars, such as is found in the oil and gas production industries.
late 17th century: from Latin tubulus 'small tube' + -ar1.