Definition of tumble dryer in English:
A machine that dries washed clothes by spinning them in hot air inside a rotating drum.
- Heating is by electric storage units and each house has a washing machine, a tumble dryer and a microwave.
- You have to put all your clothes into an electricity-eating tumble drier instead of letting them dry naturally in the fresh air.
- It seems the filter fell off the back of the tumble dryer's drum.
- Example sentences
- I thought they were a bit tight when I put them on, but then they always are after I've washed and tumble-dried them.
- The bedding can be washed in a washing machine and tumble-dried, if necessary.
- I wash and tumble-dry everything over the weekend.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.