An Arctic-breeding migratory swan with a yellow and black bill, often known by the names of its constituent races (Bewick’s swan and whistling swan).
- Cygnus columbianus, family Anatidae
More example sentences
- This is why we were all so excited to see the tundra swan this past Saturday.
- After the plane arrives, we fly over the watery green plain, skimming above rivers of burnished silver and snowy flocks of tundra swan.
- The big draw here is in December: the snowy white tundra swan, with its elegant mien and clamoring call.
Definition of tundra swan in:
- The US English dictionary