Definition of turbinate in English:
1.1 Anatomy Relating to or denoting the turbinals.
- Specimens from the lateral sides of the middle turbinate mucosa were examined as a control.
- The valve area may be enlarged directly by correcting caudal septal deflection or turbinate hypertrophy.
- Often patients begin treatment with turbinate reduction.
nounBack to top
(also turbinate bone) Anatomy another term for turbinal.
- The nose contains shelf-like structures called turbinates, which help trap particles entering the nasal passages.
- Examination revealed a polypoid mass within the left nasal cavity replacing the left middle turbinate.
- One patient developed synechiae between the middle turbinate and the lateral wall of the nose.
Mid 17th century: from Latin turbinatus, from turbo, turbin- (see turbine).
Definition of turbinate in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.