Definition of tweener in English:
1A person or thing considered to be in between two other recognized categories or types: we’re a couple of tweeners, born after baby boomers and before generation Xers
More example sentences
- That has come into vogue and you have players who used to be considered tweeners, really just undersized defensive ends, being projected to what is a need position now.
- The Texans have added two tweeners, but nothing they have done in the NFL to date suggests that either of these linebackers will upgrade the Houston pass rush.
- While both belong in the back end of a rotation, our next three pitchers are tweeners.
1.1 another term for tweenager.
- All those remote-control toys bought for tweeners get played with for an hour or two and then get sunk into the miasma of a child's bedroom.
- Seven quick ticks on a stopwatch is all the time they have to win over the world's most discerning consumers: toddlers, grade-schoolers, and tweeners.
- He clearly adores his kids, who are all stalwart, funny and, for tweeners, preternaturally considerate.
Definition of tweener in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan