- 1Two times; on two occasions: the earl married twice the tablets should be taken twice a dayMore example sentences
- He won twice at Darley Moor and on several occasions he has picked up the first novice award.
- He sits down only twice, and takes very occasional sips from a single glass of water.
- Arthur had also been telephoning Violet at least twice a week for over twelve months.
- 1.1Double in degree or quantity: I’m twice your age an engine twice as big as the originalMore example sentences
- If the average wage doubles, then we'll all have twice as much to spend on where we live.
- We are now testing degrees of engagement at a time when we have twice as many people on the books.
- She used to be an athlete and speaks twice as fast as I can write; she has a racing demon of a voice.
be twice the man/woman (that someone is)
- Be much better or stronger (than someone): how dare you criticize him, he’s twice the man that you are!More example sentences
- You are going to grow up to be twice the man he is.
- He knew he would always be twice the man his father was.
once bitten, twice shy
- see bite.
- see think.
More definitions of twiceDefinition of twice in:
- The US English dictionary