Definition of twinkle-toed in English:
Nimble and quick on one’s feet: a twinkle-toed midfielder
More example sentences
- But I can reveal that Souness has no interest in the twinkle-toed midfielder, who now looks set to put pen-to paper on a brand new £2 million-a-year deal with Wanderers in the next few weeks.
- If you were looking to splash out on a Hollywood celebrity to endorse your new car you could do a lot worse than the umbrella-spinning, twinkle-toed star of arguably the greatest movie musical of all time.
- A host of twinkle-toed celebrities is set to waltz, foxtrot and tango onto our screens in a revival of the popular show, Come Dancing, presented by evergreen TV personality Bruce Forsyth.
- Example sentences
- At least no-one's expressed a liking for twinkletoes yet…
- Young twinkletoes McCluskey came on for Murphy and was soon displaying his full range of talents.
- He's the twinkletoes of the Australian team so he should be able to rack the points up.
Definition of twinkle-toed in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan