- 2North American A tornado.More example sentences
- Then, by reference to data from the original group of twisters, each tornado was assigned a Fujita scale rating, a path length over which damage would occur, and a path width.
- Unlike a hurricane - a tornado's big, long-lived and usually slow-moving meteorological cousin - a twister is small, brief, and fast moving.
- Conditions were ripe for twisters, and there were tornado warnings in counties all along the coast, with several reported touchdowns.
More definitions of twisterDefinition of twister in:
- The US English dictionary