verb[with object] informal
Deceive or be unfaithful to (a lover or spouse): he was two-timing a fiancée back in England (as adjective two-timing) the mistress of the two-timing soccer boss
More example sentences
- It is true that Bridget Jones is particularly neurotic in her quest to snare a partner, but at least she ditches the rat who two-times her, showing that she does have some sense of self-esteem.
- He could be in hot water with his missus over published reports that he two-timed her with a porn star at a wild bachelor party.
- She used to go out with him before he two-timed her.
- Example sentences
- So Francis and I had this long discussion about him being jealous and me being a player and a two-timer…
- If there's one thing that two-timers are often skilled at, it's two-timing.
- I would never have the audacity to fall for such a slimy two-timer!
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: two-time
Definition of two-time in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.