Definition of typeset in English:
verb (typesets, typesetting; past and past participle typeset)[with object]
Arrange the type or process the data for (text that is to be printed): the magazine is now typeset in Carlisle [as adjective]: professional-looking typeset material
More example sentences
- Although most of the text is typeset, there are many passages that are hand-written, and there are also proof-reading corrections hand-printed within the textual passages.
- Daniel also typesets the newsletter put out on a fort-nightly basis by the local boy scouts organisation.
- She could have typeset their pretty record of the expedition, ridden bareback on the ponies with her sweeping hair, floored him in their singing contest, sewn ration bags, repaired worn socks.
- Example sentences
- The couple moved to California and Mr. Richardson worked as a printer and typesetter before establishing Success Printing in San Francisco.
- If this is to be done, at a minimum, a typesetter and proofreader should be employed to improve the look of the book and avoid the annoying level of basic errors in the text.
- Does Giambattista Bodoni's pedigree - typesetter to Dukes and Popes - somehow invest his eponymous font with some vague sense of institutional authority?
- Example sentences
- We lived on a little fruit farm one mile from the printery at which the typesetting and press work were done.
- For decades the small but powerful unions of printers and pressmen had won rich contract settlements as well as expensive press manning clauses and lifetime job guarantees for the compositors displaced by computerized typesetting.
- There's a craftsmanship in the typesetting and typeface choices of this seminal work that really strikes the viewer, without them truly understanding ‘what’ it is that's affecting them.
Words that rhyme with typesetvidelicet • scilicet • mindset
Definition of typeset in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan