Definition of ultracentrifuge in English:
A very fast centrifuge used to precipitate large biological molecules from solution or separate them by their different rates of sedimentation.
- After removing the cell debris by centrifugation, supernatant was layered on a 5.7 M CsCl / 0.01 M EDTA solution in an ultracentrifuge tube and centrifuged in a swinging bucket rotor at 40,000 rpm for 16 hr.
- The supernatant was recentrifuged at 109,000 g on a tabletop ultracentrifuge (Rotor TLA 45 of Beckman centrifuges, Beckman Coulter, Fullerton, CA) for 1 h.
- PLY solution species from monomer via multimeric intermediates to ring-shaped oligomers were studied with time-dependent sedimentation velocity in the analytical ultracentrifuge.
verb[with object] Back to top
Subject to the action of an ultracentrifuge: the samples were ultracentrifuged for two hours
More example sentences
- The sample was then ultracentrifuged for 1 hour at 141,000 × g to remove membranes.
- To concentrate the solution, the collagen was ultracentrifuged at 10 deg C for 26-48 It for preparation of 10-45 mg/ml gels.
- An additional 34 ml buffer solution was added and the sample was then ultracentrifuged at 100,000 × # for 4 h.
- Example sentences
- One of the classical problems in the theory of ultracentrifugal sedimentation is the treatment of diffusion in sizedistribution analysis.
- I used to run models of the ultracentrifugal rocket engine Roger Gregory and I designed.
- Example sentences
- This was shown in the earlier analytical ultracentrifugation analyses comparing DNA content from thermally ruptured phage (when all of the DNA comes out) with that from samples treated with LamB with and without PEG.
- In the current context, for illustrating the behavior of the size distribution, we considered the data from a mixture of two different elution fractions after sucrosegradient ultracentrifugation.
- After ultracentrifugation, the free peptide concentration was determined fluorometrically.
Definition of ultracentrifuge in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan