Not satisfactory or allowable: unacceptable behaviour
More example sentences
- We need the light of the media to shine brightly on behaviour that is unacceptable.
- It was totally unacceptable behaviour towards people who had given you long and loyal service.
- It is therefore quite inappropriate and unacceptable for Mrs Hull to condemn this group.
intolerable, insufferable, unsatisfactory, impermissible, inadmissible, inappropriate, unsuitable, undesirable, unreasonable, objectionable, insupportable;
offensive, obnoxious, disagreeable, disgraceful, deplorable, terrible, distasteful, displeasing, improper, unseemly, beyond the pale, bad, poor
Australian/New Zealand informal over the fence
- Example sentences
- The paper also notes that, within the older generation, there is a growing acknowledgement of the unacceptability of the use of force and the dishonour that force brings.
- He said he considered the directive as ‘a shot across the bows for authorities who are behind in their statutory duties as well as a signal to the illegal operators concerning the unacceptability of their activities.’
- It shows that there's a lot of people who share our convictions about the unacceptability of violence against women.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: un|accept|able
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.