Not satisfactory or allowable: unacceptable behaviour
More example sentences
- We need the light of the media to shine brightly on behaviour that is unacceptable.
- It was totally unacceptable behaviour towards people who had given you long and loyal service.
- It is therefore quite inappropriate and unacceptable for Mrs Hull to condemn this group.
intolerable, insufferable, unsatisfactory, impermissible, inadmissible, inappropriate, unsuitable, undesirable, unreasonable, objectionable, insupportable;
offensive, obnoxious, disagreeable, disgraceful, deplorable, terrible, distasteful, displeasing, improper, unseemly, beyond the pale, bad, poor
Australian/New Zealand informal over the fence
- Example sentences
- The paper also notes that, within the older generation, there is a growing acknowledgement of the unacceptability of the use of force and the dishonour that force brings.
- He said he considered the directive as ‘a shot across the bows for authorities who are behind in their statutory duties as well as a signal to the illegal operators concerning the unacceptability of their activities.’
- It shows that there's a lot of people who share our convictions about the unacceptability of violence against women.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.