Definition of unascertained in English:
Not confirmed or ascertained; unknown.
- There is no basis for asserting that Allianz had any right to any ascertained or unascertained part of the sponsorship money.
- In view of the extreme rarity of three deaths without explanation occurring in the same family I have given the cause of death as unascertained pending further investigations.
- We used to call this sudden infant death syndrome, but some coroners are turning away from that and saying the cause of death is unascertained because that is a more honest reflection of the situation.
- Example sentences
- The cause I gave was unascertainable due to decomposition.
- The results of a post-mortem examination revealed the cause of death was unascertainable and a file has now been passed to the coroner.
- I mean, this is a legislative framework that refers everybody through an unascertainable process where we're not certain whether there'll be any uniformity about it.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan