Definition of unassimilated in English:
(Especially of a people, an idea, or a culture) not absorbed or integrated into a wider society or culture: the peoples remain distinct and unassimilated unassimilated migrants from the countryside
More example sentences
- Future generations will inherit a tangle of rancorous, unassimilated, squabbling cultures with no common bond to hold them together, and a certain guarantee of the death of this nation as a harmonious ‘melting pot.’
- The mystery left unanswered is why Germany doesn't take the simpler, more obvious step - allowing immigration, but denying immigrants the welfare benefits that support an unassimilated opposition culture.
- In this instance, what is internalized also persists unassimilated; Keats is absorbed in material he claims to have incorporated, relying on the tale of a Fall precisely when he attempts to displace it.
- 1unassimilable adjective
- Example sentences
- Against middle-class nirvana, we have working-class protest; against the romance of hetero-normative assimilation, we have the resistant strains of unassimilable difference.
- This is especially the case when immigrants are aggressively unassimilable.
- In many ways, she came to embody what I came to consider my ‘Chineseness’ - that foreign, unassimilable, independent core.
Words that rhyme with unassimilatedunreciprocated
Definition of unassimilated in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.