verb (unbans, unbanning, unbanned)[with object]
- Remove a ban on (a person, group, or activity): the government has got to unban these organizations (as noun unbanning) he announced the unbanning of black opposition groups the unbanning of foreign investment has taken placeMore example sentences
- Black political organizations were unbanned in February, the ANC leader Nelson Mandela was released from jail, and in March the Ciskei homeland government collapsed.
- A year later, in February 1990, the South African government released Nelson Mandela and unbanned the African National Congress and the other liberation movements in South Africa.
- In 1990 the ANC was unbanned, Nelson Mandela freed and the country set on a path towards democratic government.
More definitions of unbanDefinition of unban in:
- The US English dictionary