- 1Not loved: he plays Anne’s unbeloved room-mateMore example sentences
- She too left her uncle's study to prepare for the journey ahead, and leave a little farewell note to her unbeloved King Chastain.
- Has there, in fact, ever been so great a player so universally unbeloved as the esteemed Mr. Bonds?
- A city official proclaimed recently that ‘Marseille is the unbeloved child of France.’
- 1.1 (unbeloved by/of) Not popular with (a specified set of people): he died unmourned and unbeloved of his peopleMore example sentences
- In ‘The Battle of the Trees,’ the fruit trees are ‘mischievously’ badmouthed: the raspberry is said to be ‘not the best of foods’; the plum is ‘a tree unbeloved of men’.
- Yet he is as one that dies while he lives; though not altogether as one unbeloved by divine beings.
- It is much beloved by ‘liberal’ US critics…which has to be a lot better than unbeloved by them.