Reserved, formal, or strict in one’s behaviour or attitudes; austere and inflexible: he was so unbending and uncompromising his output is prodigious and springs from the unbending control he exercises over every aspect of his life
More example sentences
- One of these unbending attitudes is related to language.
- How do people develop such a ghastly attitude, such an unbending devotion to rules?
- Pyongyang's unbending attitude only makes it even more difficult to resolve the dispute through peaceful means.
aloof, formal, stiff, reserved, remote, distant, forbidding, stand-offish, strait-laced, conventional, stuffy, cool, unfeeling, unemotional, unfriendly, austere
uncompromising, inflexible, unyielding, unfaltering, unwavering, hard-line, tough, harsh, strict, stern, severe, firm, resolute, determined, unrelenting, relentless, inexorable, intransigent, immovable
- More example sentences
- Sheikh Hilal was unbendingly proud of his nomadic way of life.
- The Japanese malaise is self-inflicted; guided by spurious notions and doctrines Japanese politicians unbendingly and doggedly pursue baneful policies.
- Not even the unbendingly tolerant Swedes would put up with the primeministerial girlfriend being taken on state visits.