Having or showing a lack of courtesy; rough or abrupt: he was known for his strong views and unceremonious manners
More example sentences
- Representatives of striking Metrobus drivers on Wednesday walked out of a meeting called to resolve the dispute between the drivers and the company, bringing the proceedings to an abrupt and unceremonious end.
- Many say the biggest casualty that Bangalore has suffered is the unceremonious exit of former chief minister S M Krishna, who was the driving force behind Bangalore's explosive growth in the IT sector in the last few years.
- Which is why his protestations about his unceremonious exit from Newcastle being ‘ancient history’ have a hollow ring.
- Example sentences
- But the reason for stripping the event of the informality and unceremoniousness of a regulation rock concert became quickly evident.
- Many people have conflicted responses to his brusqueness or unceremoniousness - or superciliousness.
- The paintings are borne by an energy and unceremoniousness issuing from the canvases, grasping the audience.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.