Simple or straightforward: he was an extraordinarily uncomplicated man
More example sentences
- Keep things simple and uncomplicated or you can land in a conflict.
- The tune and the lyrics are simple and uncomplicated, yet it has an infective rhythm and melody.
- His training sessions are not decorated with innovative drills; they are simple and uncomplicated.
simple, not difficult, straightforward, clear, accessible, direct, undemanding, unexacting, unchallenging, unsophisticated, trouble-free, painless, effortless, easy, facile, elementary, idiot-proof, plain sailing, a five-finger exercise, nothing
informal easy-peasy, as easy as pie, as easy as falling off a log, as easy as ABC, a piece of cake, child's play, kids' stuff, a cinch, no sweat, a doddle, a breeze, a pushover, money for old rope, money for jam
North American informal duck soup, a snap
Australian/New Zealand informal a bludge
South African informal a piece of old tackle
British vulgar slang a piece of piss
dated a snip
- Example sentences
- Peel was loved for his passionate and eclectic musical tastes, but just as much for the sense he radiated of being an uncomplicatedly and utterly decent human being.
- Except, perhaps, that rumour suggested Du Maurier had lesbian tendencies, and Gale is uncomplicatedly and richly gay.
- In her concentration she had not noticed that they were both still lying uncomplicatedly in the same position they'd started in six hours before.
- Example sentences
- In many ways it perfectly represents the simple lines and uncomplicatedness of Toronto's subway system.
- Their personal simplicity and uncomplicatedness meshes well with the more assertive qualities of the Seven.
- There is a nice symmetry of arm and dress that adds uncomplicatedness to the scene.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: un|com¦pli|cated
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.