- 1A surface of contact between two groups of unconformable strata: erosion beneath the Hercynian unconformity has removed most of the Westphalian strataMore example sentences
- First, there are no late Cambrian rocks in many areas: they are represented by unconformities.
- Both overlie a pronounced angular unconformity and both are predominantly fluvial deposits.
- That unconformity is overlain by sandstones of the Puentelles Formation, dated as late Kasimovian based on its fossil flora.
- 1.1 [mass noun] The condition of being unconformable: folded early Devonian rocks are overlain with marked unconformity by late Devonian sedimentsMore example sentences
- You still get men wearing hats now but it's almost a sign of unconformity for a young man to wear a hat apart from baseball hats.
More definitions of unconformityDefinition of unconformity in:
- The US English dictionary