1Charge (someone) a price or amount that is too low: the retailer has been undercharged and actually owes the supplier more money
More example sentences
- He said he didn't really know how to go about setting prices, and he thought he might be undercharging his customers, perhaps by a substantial amount.
- Managers of a well-known Dublin bar and bistro decided last month they were undercharging their trendy customers for sipping cappuccinos.
- He hooks up with a grocery store cashier who undercharges poor people and steals food from the store to help her aging friend, a veteran of the Resistance.
A charge that is insufficient.
- ‘The developer in both cases had paid the agreed contribution and as a result the undercharge is uncollectable,’ he said.
- Your letter mentions that checkers who undercharge are made to pay the undercharge and are also suspended from work.
- This process does transfer ground rent from areas of overcharge to areas of undercharge.
Words that rhyme with underchargebarge, charge, enlarge, large, marge, raj, reportage, sarge, sparge, Swaraj, taj
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: under|charge
Definition of undercharge in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.