Definition of underinsured in English:
(Of a person) having inadequate insurance cover.
- ‘Be sure you are not underinsured,’ he cautioned.
- This interchange highlights the challenges physicians face in caring for uninsured and underinsured patients.
- Uninsured or underinsured people are also far more likely than insured people to forego check-ups and delay treatment until absolutely necessary.
- Example sentences
- A number of insurers seek to solve the problem of festive underinsurance by increasing their level of contents insurance cover for a nominal period before and after Christmas.
- The bushfires in Canberra highlighted the problems of underinsurance and the value in households making regular reviews.
- It doesn't take long for an adjuster working for a particular insurance company client to detect a pattern of underinsurance on the coverages.
Definition of underinsured in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan