- 1Able to be understood: though his accent was strange, the words were perfectly understandableMore example sentences
- She is able to explain the more arcane bits of theology in a very clear and understandable way.
- 1.1To be expected; natural, reasonable, or forgivable: such fears are understandable it is understandable that mistakes occur sometimesMore example sentences
unsurprising, expected, to be expected, predictable, foreseeable, inevitable; reasonable, acceptable, logical, rational, normal, natural, par for the course, explicable, explainable, conceivable, imaginable, thinkable, plausible, tenable; justifiable, justified, admissible, allowable, accountable, defensible, excusable, pardonable, forgivable• informal on the cards
- They did not choose to exercise that option, for understandable reasons.
- His reasons for leaving were understandable.
- They hate her for understandable reasons: she has all but destroyed their cause.
- More example sentences
- For me, what is most important is the narration and its understandability.
- I'm on a campaign to ensure that our products have beauty and emotional impact as well as effectiveness and understandability.
- The effect of this consolidation will be to improve understandability, reduce burden, clarify requirements, and improve implementation and compliance.
- [sentence adverb]: understandably, Richard did not believe meMore example sentences
- Pressure to excel in this exam is understandably intense: success is a cause worth celebrating.
- Most guidebook publishers are understandably reluctant to post their valuable content online.
- So I was understandably a little nervous and apprehensive about this meeting.