Definition of unenthusiastic in English:
Not having or showing enthusiasm: an unenthusiastic response
More example sentences
- Sarah Lancashire's popularity seems to be dipping in the light of the unenthusiastic response to Rose and Maloney.
- The unenthusiastic response to conventional arts and science courses is a pointer to the lacklustre job opportunities available for such courses.
- She knew they were failures, and he read her disapproval in every perfunctory and unenthusiastic line of her letter.
- Example sentences
- ‘I really need to start looking at these,’ she said unenthusiastically, picking up the nearest college prospectus to her and flicking through dispiritedly.
- ‘I should go work on my mother,’ I mumbled unenthusiastically.
- I wrapped my arms unenthusiastically round his waist and we were off.
Pronunciation: /ˌʌnɪnθjuːziˈastɪkli/ /ˌʌnɛnθjuːziˈastɪkli/adverb
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.