Definition of unfeminine in English:
Not having or showing qualities traditionally associated with women: people thought it unfeminine for women not to look forward to marriage as the sole hope and purpose of their lives
More example sentences
- When women and girls act in anti-social ways, it tends to be treated as unfeminine, and even as a pathological problem.
- Her character, Havers, is drab and unfeminine, a misfit on the force, but the police she met were quite different.
- Hairy legs on women is considered unfeminine, although it is completely natural.
- Example sentences
- It is a key sign of masculinity for men, but deplored as a sign of unfemininity for women.
- I can no longer be terrorized by society's, my mate's, or my employer's allegations of unfemininity.
- This was probably the only compliment she has heard in a long time since she was so convinced of her unfemininity.
Definition of unfeminine in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan