Definition of unfitting in English:
Not fitting or suitable; unbecoming: certain occupations were held unfitting for baptized believers
More example sentences
- There's something not quite unfitting about Microsoft relocating people to Europe's last dictatorship.
- The remote village in Nalgonda district is an almost unfitting backdrop for the swank school building.
- Perhaps Masaccio inserted the least creditable event in St Julian's life as a warning against reckless anger, yet it seems unfitting in an altarpiece partly in the saint's honour.
- Example sentences
- It seemed that his death stood at the impasse of our days, unfittingly harbored in his ghostly life.
- The tabloids condemned them, not unfittingly, as the curdled dregs of an outmoded caste.
- Thus fear can be unfittingly directed at something that isn't really dangerous, or fittingly directed at something that is.
Definition of unfitting in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan