Not fitting or suitable; unbecoming: certain occupations were held unfitting for baptized believers
More example sentences
- There's something not quite unfitting about Microsoft relocating people to Europe's last dictatorship.
- The remote village in Nalgonda district is an almost unfitting backdrop for the swank school building.
- Perhaps Masaccio inserted the least creditable event in St Julian's life as a warning against reckless anger, yet it seems unfitting in an altarpiece partly in the saint's honour.
- More example sentences
- It seemed that his death stood at the impasse of our days, unfittingly harbored in his ghostly life.
- The tabloids condemned them, not unfittingly, as the curdled dregs of an outmoded caste.
- Thus fear can be unfittingly directed at something that isn't really dangerous, or fittingly directed at something that is.
More definitions of unfittingDefinition of unfitting in:
- The US English dictionary