Definition of uniaxial in English:
1Having or relating to a single axis.
- Thus, the cupule is a simple uniaxial structure.
- For decades, extensibility has also been used to denote the relative or absolute uniaxial extension of pieces of excised tissue per unit of uniaxial force, applied externally to the tissue, without consideration of a force threshold.
- In uniaxial systems, traffic jams cannot be avoided as one increases the number of motors involved in the cargo transport.
- Example sentences
- As gels contracted they changed their appearance from semitransparent to almost completely opaque, with uniaxially structured matrix in the central zones of the gels.
- Second, a tilted series of orientation-dependent spectra of uniaxially aligned samples is analyzed by lineshape simulation to determine the alignment of the 19 F CSA tensor with respect to the membrane.
- To describe the anisotropy of fluorescence of uniaxially oriented samples, three coefficients of fluorescence anisotropy were introduced.
Definition of uniaxial in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia