Definition of unicorn in English:
1A mythical animal typically represented as a horse with a single straight horn projecting from its forehead.
- Could it be that true political geniuses are as mythical as unicorns?
- The four unicorns reared and dove off the side of the cliffs just as the dragon's claws closed on the ground where they had just been, leaving large rents in the rocky surface.
- Manticores, unicorns, and griffins are just a sampling of what I have seen.
1.1A heraldic representation of a unicorn, with a twisted horn, a deer’s feet, a goat’s beard, and a lion’s tail.
- In the very few crannies left behind are fleurs-de-lis, rampant lions, unicorns, dogs, and vases of flowers.
- The heraldic artist reconstructed this accurate description as the beautiful unicorn.
- A panorama of the Houses of Parliament is sculpted in silver and 24-carat gold, along with the lion and unicorn from the royal standard.
Definition of unicorn in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.