- 1Lacking in imagination or originality: he writes repetitive and uninspired poetryMore example sentences
unimaginative, uninventive, pedestrian, mundane, unoriginal, prosaic, commonplace, ordinary, routine, second-rate, undistinguished, unexceptional, indifferent, humdrum, matter-of-fact, run of the mill, workaday, everyday, quotidian, (plain) vanilla; spiritless, colourless, passionless, anaemic, stale, hackneyed, trite, derived, derivative, conventional, unadventurous, dull, banal, monotonous, lifeless, lacklustre, sterile, uninspiring, vapid, insipid, bland, dry, barren, flat, stodgy• informal hacky
- But the studio has done them a grave disservice with this uninspired and lacking disc transfer.
- An uninspired second-half display took the gloss off a promising opening period, but pre-tournament warm-up matches often end that way.
- Germany has repeated history by playing dull, uninspired, but highly efficient football to achieve maximum results with minimum effort.
- 2(Of a person) not filled with excitement: they were uninspired by the Nationalist PartyMore example sentences
- The majority of people are uninspired by the traditional parties.
- Yes, many are also uninspired and greedy, just like many other people in many other businesses.
- I like it, but I am uninspired by the misogynist slant I see.