- Producing a single offspring at a birth.More example sentences
- The uniparous condition, corresponding to one follicular stalk dilation, was practically the only one found.
- Non-accepting emotional responses were significantly more marked in the uniparous group than in the multiparous group, suggesting that uniparous women tend to be more non-accepting.
- For animals multifidous, or such as are digitated or have several divisions in their feet; there are but two that are uniparous, that is, Men and Elephants; who though their productions be but single, are notwithstanding very numerous.
mid 17th century: from modern Latin uniparus (from Latin uni- 'one' + -parus 'bearing') + -ous.
More definitions of uniparousDefinition of uniparous in:
- The US English dictionary